About Us

Please join us on a journey to discover our new surroundings in Colorado.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Very first entry!

I decided that I wanted to share our journey while I was hiking Green Mountain last week.  It is so beautiful here and I know that although our friends and family want to be a part of our lives it is hard to come out to Colorado.  This is the best way to share so I'll do my best to update this when we do new fun stuff.

I'll start off with some of the stuff that we've done up to this point and go from there.  Our first visitor to our new home in Fort Morgan, CO was Gary's mom.  We did a lot of things while she was here.  Coors brewery, shopping, and Estes Park.  It was beautiful weather the whole time she was here and we loved seeing her!


Mountains in Estes Park


Beautiful Lake in Estes Park that we walked around
Buffalo in Golden
At the Coors Brewery before our taste test!  YUM!  :)


The Craig parents were our next visitors.  We took them to the Coors brewery too and Estes Park.  We also took them to the burial site of Buffalo Bill, Pikes Peak Cog Railway, and Garden of the Gods Park.


It was cold and windy at the summit of Pikes Peak

Craig Parents

Craig Parents enjoy the scenery over Golden, CO

Now that we're in Lakewood near Denver instead of all the way out in Fort Morgan, it's making it much easier for us to explore Colorado.  I (Allison) have taken two hikes that were suggested by a friend of mine nearby.  Gary has been reffing football, so it's harder for him to go, but we're going to make time for him to go as well.

The cool thing about Jefferson County (where we live) is that there are all of these places called Open Spaces.  The open spaces are covered in trails and overlooks.  The first one I did is Green Mountain.  It was amazing how it is so close to the house because it still seems like the "big" mountains are so far away.  It was an easy hike and I was out there for at least two hours.  Unfortunately I forgot to put the SD card into my camera, so I don't have any picures of it.

The second hike I did was Mount Falcon.  The story behind Mount Falcon is really interesting.  Here are some pics.

Path on Mount Falcon

Cattails at 7600 foot elevation
Overlook from Mount Falcon
The remains of the Summer Home for the Presidents that Mr. Walker tried to build.
There was no interest so the cornerstone was all that was ever built.
The sign is made of Marble from Marble, Colorado

So, that is what we have discovered in Colorado up to this point.  I'll do what I can to update this as often as I can so that we can share our journey with you.  Thanks for reading!

--Allison and Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment